Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Due to the recent increase in COVID19 community transmissions, and the resulting Stage 3 lockdown across metropolitan Melbourne, SPCC will remain closed face to face general public contact until 17 August at the earliest.
Dear SPCC staff, volunteers and participants,
Stage 3 restrictions have come into force for metro Melbourne from midnight Wednesday 8 July for the next 6 weeks.
This will result in the following changes to programs & operations until the 19 August, or otherwise advised.
- SPCC will remain closed to the general public for this time
- Reception will remain open but not accessible to the general public Monday to Friday. Reception team will be onsite on Tuesdays and Fridays to teach ARCS, and will be available by phone, via zoom (for ARCS students) and email on other days.
- All reception volunteers will be unable to continue their regular face to face shifts for the next 6 weeks, unless otherwise advised. Apologies for this change, please reach out if you need further support or advice.
- Some adult education classes will continue under strict social distancing circumstances, where they cannot continue online, including:
- SPCC ARCS/Reception team will be onsite on Tuesdays and Fridays and will continue to train ARCS students at reception one on one.
- Reading and writing will continue face to face from 28 July.
- Students who do not feel comfortable attending the above classes are able to continue their lessons online or via blended delivery if their notify their trainer.
All other SPCC programs will continue online or via current blended delivery models for the next 6 weeks, unless otherwise advised. All staff who are able to work from home are advised to continue doing so.